I was honored to be interviewed by the wonderful writer and author Leslie Goldman (@LeslieGoldman) for her article in this month’s O magazine - yep, that’s Oprah! In this article, old food myths were busted and new food rules were clarified. I weighed in on the issue of how much produce one should eat daily. Turns out, it’s easier than you think!
- Make it easy on yourself and just include produce as half of every meal. Don’t get tangled up in serving sizes!
- Include a side salad with lunch or roasted vegetables with dinner
- Make a vegetable and fruit smoothie
- Let veggies take center stage in dips by replacing creams with hearty beans and adding in spinach or other dip favorites
- Add vegetables into eggs to include them in breakfast and cut up fruit on the side