Eating for “Convenience,” doesn’t have to be unhealthy. We’re all pressed for time, that’s nothing new nowadays. Some people don’t like to cook, so when I was on Let’s Talk Live recently, I shared some “convenience foods” that I pulled from the store that have good nutrients and are super easy to make.
Watch the full video here:
Here are a few of the foods I shared:
- Healthy Choice Bakes and Top Chef: Not only are frozen single-serve meals convenient, but they are also portion controlled. These varieties are rated highly on their website by consumers in terms of taste, and are lower in sodium than some other frozen varieties.
- Orville Redenbacher Smart Pop!: Less than 5% of Americans meet the daily whole grain recommendation. Next time you’re craving something crunchy reach for these pre-portioned bags and know you’re also getting your whole grains in.
- I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter: It adds a delicious buttery taste but with 70% less saturated fat and no hydrogenated oils. Check out the recipe for the Spinach Feta Tarts I shared on the segment.
- Mixed Nuts and Dried Fruit: They’re fabulous “convenience foods” because they are nutrient rich and they taste delicious.
- Microwaved Sweet Potatoes: Sweet potatoes and winter squash can take a long time to cook in the oven. Many people don’t realize you can actually microwave them. It’s a healthy side in a matter of minutes!
What are some of your favorite “convenience” foods?
Disclosure: I worked with Healthy Choice, Orville Redenbacher and I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter for the TV segment, but did not receive compensation for writing this blog post.