Hello there! If you’re reading for the first time or just stopping by for the fun, I’m doing a “Happy Holidays” wellness challenge to help you cultivate more health and happiness the rest of 2014. Catch up on the details on how to join and win the prizes. Or if it already sounds like a good idea, sign up below.
Last Minute Gifts for Your #1 Fan (YOU!)
Last week I talked about the value of giving gratitude and love to others. It’s amazing that something so free is actually priceless. Now, don’t forget gifts for yourself… Yes, you need to treat yourself.
If you are not your #1 fan, ask yourself why not? Why should other people believe in you more than you do? When I decided to run my first (and only) 50 miler, it was because I said “I can’t” and a stranger said to me “yes, you can”. I signed up because I thought “it’s not cool that this stranger believes in me more than me.”
You Can Do It Challenge: Give yourself one gift.
If you don’t love yourself wholeheartedly (fully and completely) then imagine how freakin’ hard it is to put yourself first. Why would you want to take care of yourself? It’s a lot to
5 Gift Ideas For You
- Books I’m loving 14,000 things to be happy about (in case you need all of them!) Embody (my favorite body image book that came out this year) and for lots of laughs Yes Please (Amy Poehler’s memoir)
- Workout “stuff” whether you need better shoes, clothes, more tunes, a pedometer or a splurge on classes for a new kind of workout, invest in yourself.
- Lavendar oil from calm to sleep and nausea to dry skin, I l-o-v-e this essential oil.
- Loving kindness meditation (this one is FREE) Meditation is so Zen, so effective, and so f-ing hard (at least for me). It’s something I want to work on. My favorite is loving kindness. Here’s an intro and here are 5 reasons LKM makes you happier.
- Anything to inspire you in the kitchen. Whether it’s a new cookbook/recipes, kitchen gadget, or dropping some coin on new ingredients. Spending an hour on a meal might not be realistic most days of the week, but when you find recipes you love, you learn a new skill for gifts that keep on giving.
We finally splurged on a waffle maker! Yes, the nutritionist has a waffle maker — a double! We can’t wait for all the wonderful memories and moments that will come with making fresh waffles for our daughter, their friends, cousins, and anyone else who enters our life and breakfast table. Food is way more than just food. It’s nourishment for body, mind, and soul. That counts way more than calories!
You Can Do It Challenge: Give yourself one of these gifts or something special you have in mind that shows how much you love yourself.
If you’re not “officially” in the challenge yet, what are you waiting for? Sign up below.
Challenge Your Friends
People do better with support from friends. (It’s a scientific fact!) Ask your friends to join you by sharing on social media or just send them this e-mail with the link to subscribe to the challenge.
Twitter: I’m taking the #HappyHolidaysChallenge with @ScritchfieldRD. Join us http://wp.me/p2T0R-20c